Last night, the remaining singers performed solo and were also matched up with another contender for a duet. Though the duets were something to behold and it was interesting to see how the artists meshed together, the solos were what really set each performer apart.
Let’s take a look at the competitors’ solo performances:
- Shalyah Fearing (Team Adam Levine) sang a cover of Jennifer Hudson’s “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going.” Pharrell Williams said the performance was “so sweet and tender in certain places.”
- Paxton Ingram (Team Blake Shelton) wowed with Meatloaf’s “I’d Do Anything For Love,” prompting Christina Aguilera to say the performance “packed a punch.”
- Laith Al-Saadi (Team Adam Levine) sang Adele’s “One and Only.” Levine said he was glad to see Al-Saadi always staying true to who he is.
- Alison Porter (Team Christina Aguilera) rocked out with “Desperado” by The Eagles. Adam Levine praised her by saying, “You really can do everything.”
- Adam Wakefield took a page out of team leader Blake Shelton’s book by singing “I’m Sorry.” Pharrell enjoyed the vocal runs, which he said were “super clean.”